WLiT offers a year long fellowship for passionate female tech students in university. It is designed to assemble a unique cohort of high-potential and skilled leaders. The fellowship starts with a two week boot camp and follows into a year long fellowship program.
The main objective of the fellowship is to select few girls to perform at the peak of their ability, and let them be the roles models for other hundreds to follow.
The two week boot camp (June 4th to June 17th) is a rigorous course designed with a combination of both technical and leadership training aimed to provide young passionate women with better skills and network. During the year of Fellowship (June 2017 to March 2018), all fellows attend monthly meetups for additional workshops, develop represent WLiT in various events, get paired with an individual mentor and a group mentor. All fellows have access to all networks and resources of WLiT.
No of hours: 5 hours a day for 13 days and 6-7 hours a month for the next 9 months.
Fees: NRs, 2500/- (NRs. 500/- is refundable after attending at least 80% of the program)
During the twelve day workshop, the sessions are divided into two parts every day. The first half is a leadership development program that includes leadership and followership, public speaking, goal setting, time management and teamwork sessions. The second half is a technical training. Guest speakers/trainers also lead various technical and leadership sessions during the bootcamp.
Around the end of the bootcamp, all fellows get paired with a mentor from various fields. The mentors are experts in their fields who are volunteering to guide their mentees with leadership lessons, networking and major career/life decisions. Mentors will be assigned to mentees at the end of the boot camp. The program starts from June and ends in February with an expected progress report every month.
All fellows also get assigned a group mentor for their year long project for any technical assistance required.
WLiT hosts meetups on last Saturdays of the English month for all fellows to followup on their projects or attend workshops on short technical courses and/or leadership lessons. Previous monthly meetups have hosted everything from Design workshops to communication and branding workshops.
What should one expect to gain/learn during the fellowship?
- Develop a product with your group members with assistance from WLiT and group mentors.
- Practise networking, public speaking, and other professional skills through various events and opportunities.
- Meet 14 other young women in technology with similar passion towards technology and leadership (and thus, make amazing friends!)
- Grow to become an alumni of WLiT after the fellowship and even an executive member!
You should apply if you are
- Female University students studying IT related courses (Engineering, B.Sc.CSIT, BIM, etc) in Nepal
- Passionate about growing to take leadership positions in tech workforce
- Committed to attending most if not all programs and opportunities presented by WLiT during the fellowship term
- Able to attend the two week boot camp from June 4th to June 17th
- Submit an application online (wlit.org.np/fellowship2017/apply) or a downloaded written application to your college representative/reception by 10th of May 2017
- 30 applicants will be invited for an interview during the third week of May
- Receive a confirmation to attend the bootcamp by 25th of May.
See what our alumnis are up to!